Are you looking for free coaching skills training materials that can help to improve your life coaching skills? How about checking out the materials in this article.
Nowadays, life coaches are not the only professionals who benefit from coaching skills training resources. We are now seeing an increase in educators, business leaders, department managers, and other professionals who embrace coaching skills in the work environment. These materials are helpful to everyone who desires to empower others and guide them into living fulfilled/satisfying and productive lives.
(NOTE: If you’ve been waiting to start your coaching business, or were wondering if you can do it profitably, then you need to watch this video. In the video, I’ll explain how to How to Build a Profitable Coaching Business in 30 Days. Click HERE now to watch the video.)
Definition of Coaching
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. In business coaching, the coach collaborates with clients to help grow their business, taking the organization from where they currently are to the next level.
Life coaching is a very multifaceted field because coaches can assist people and organizations with a wide variety of issues. Many life coaches specialize in certain areas, which can be helpful when you are trying to attain specific goals. These areas include relationships, parenting, mental health, addiction, grief & loss etc.
All About Coaching Skills
What are coaching skills? I refer to them as the abilities needed to support clients in accomplishing realistic objectives or goals. Examples of such skills include effective verbal and written communication and active listening, which involves paying attention to the whole of what a client is communicating and not just focusing on their words. Other coaching skills include goal setting, building rapport, powerful questioning, offering constructive feedback, and following up with clients. Adopting these coaching skills helps the life coach build great relationships with their clients.
Coaching Skills Training Materials That Can Help Transform Your Coaching Profession
What coaching skills training materials can I use to improve my effectiveness as a life coach? Great question: let’s take a look at some of the often-mentioned ones below.
- Activities and Exercises – Includes Ice Breaker Activities
- PowerPoint Presentation Slides -Contains detailed or summarized information about the course that will be covered in training.
- Activity Workbooks – This resource is ideal for individuals to add their action plans and learning while also containing information about the course content and a place to work on exercises and activities.
- Coaching Self – Assessment Forms – This resource helps periodically evaluate one’s coaching skills to promote professional development.
- Course Outlines – This is a valuable resource that helps provide a description of the course or program. It communicates essential information, such as learning outcomes, course expectations, and grading structures, to the individual/participant.
- Life Coaching Skills Inventory -This training material is designed to assess a leader’s ability to use the skills needed for conducting effective coaching meetings based on mutual trust and respect.
These life coaching skills training materials mentioned in this article can help the life coach to support their coaching clients (i.e., managers, business leaders) in a way that produces competence, confidence and productivity in the workplace.
Would you like an endless stream of new coaching clients? Simply click the image to the right and email and I’ll send you free videos with step-by-step blueprints for generating a massive income from high paying coaching clients.
Margaret K. Olubiyi
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community