So, you are now a life coach and you are thinking to yourself, what type of life coach marketing tips can help expand my business? Look no further, in this article is listed some proven strategies for your new business.
Who is a Life Coach?
A life coach is a professional who works with clients to assist them in achieving their desired goals. The life coach asks powerful questions that will help individuals identify and overcome issues on their own (i.e., giving the power to the individual); thereby fulfilling their desired goals. Unlike a therapist, a life coach doesn’t help solve problems from people’s past. They’re focused on helping clients move forward with creative ways of acting and thinking that will help them achieve their goals.
Life Coach Marketing Ideas – Taking Your Coaching Business to The Next Level
Below is a compilation of life coach marketing strategies put together by several coaching professionals. It has worked for them and hopefully, it will do the same for you.
1. Advertising your business on social media; Facebook, LinkedIn is necessary in today’s world. Promote your business through Facebook Ads Center. It works!
2. Composing articles for paid or free blog sites helps to get your name and business out there.
3. Joining a business networking group (s). These groups typically meet regularly and exchange ideas, contacts, and referrals. Google is an ideal place to start to find these networking groups in your local area.
4. Serving on a committee or board in your local community gives you the opportunity to highlight your expertise, meet community leaders and gain leadership skills.
5. Developing a business website – a website is a valuable informational tool for both current and prospective clients. It is where the most recent information on you and your business is displayed.
6. Displaying and giving out business cards are still one of the most affordable ways of marketing your business. Talk to the small businesses in your community; most of the time, they are okay with you displaying your business or brochures in their establishments.
7. Referrals from current clients can grow your client base. If your clients are pleased with your services, they will be swift to refer people they know and care about. You can always tell your clients upfront that you are looking to expand your business and will like referrals (Someone who they feel might require some help.) – you are willing to offer complimentary sessions to their friends and loved ones.
8. Attending Workshops/Seminars is a way to market your business. You can meet with people from all walks of your life who may be interested in hearing what you have to say and ultimately want to give your services a try.
9. Writing a book has been considered one of the best ways to increase your visibility and credibility. Writing about your passions or expertise in the form of a booklet format which usually consists of a few sheets is a good way to get started. Make sure you include your contact information in the book, so readers clearly know how to reach you.
10. Using Classified Ads – If you have never advertised on craigslist or similar sites before, it is not too late to start. Classified ads allow you to promote your website and your business either free or at extremely low costs.
11. Offering freebies is not only a great way to attract new clients, but also retain current clients. Who doesn’t love free stuff! Offer free coaching sessions, give out gift cards, DVDs’ books, etc on occasion. Obviously, not all coaches might afford to give out things like gift cards but at least a complimentary coaching session should be something every coach should be able to do at some point.
You do not have to employ every one of these life coach marketing tips. Select a couple of them in the beginning and see how they work for you. Over time, as you see which strategies work best for you, consider adding a few more.
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community