I keep a little list of life coach tips posted on the wall in my office. It’s been up there since I started coaching although I don’t use it much anymore. But it helped me out a lot in the past when I got in a panic on a call because I didn’t know what to do next. Do you ever find yourself in that situation?Maybe my list of life coach tips will help you out sometime.
How Often Do You Ask Yourself These Questions?
One particularly scary situation for a new coach happens in your head as least as often as it happens in reality, and that’s the “What on earth do I say now?” scenario. It dovetails very nicely with the “What if I’m not good enough?” concern so prevalent among new coaches in particular. If you find yourself getting freaked out either by not knowing what to say or by the fear that you won’t know what to say, do you remember what you need to remember? That’s right–the most important and helpful of the life coach tips is that when you coach it’s about your client and not about you.
Post These Life Coach Tips On Your Wall
So what do you do when you don’t know what to do? Here are the life coach tips that helped me out over and over again:
- Ask yourself “What does my client need in this moment to move him toward his goal?
- Be committed to a result for your client. If you are truly committed you won’t let anything, including your fear, get in the way.
- Trust that you know what to do and what to say.
- Go with your intuition or your gut, however it comes to you. If you’ve been paying attention to what your client has been saying, the right words will come through you.
- Don’t think so hard. Just be in the flow.
- If you don’t know what to do, just try something
- If it doesn’t work, try something else
- If you get it wrong, your client will let you know and you can change course.
- The answers come from my client, not from me.
What do you do when you don’t know what to do? I’d love to hear.
SPECIAL BONUS — If you would like step-by-step blueprints for generating a massive income from high paying coaching clients, I invite you to claim your FREE ACCESS to the “Life Coach Salary Secrets” video toolkit. Go HERE to get it FREE.
Dorine G Kramer
JTS Advisors Strategy and Accountability Coach