Here’s a simple formula for you to remember: Boon and zoom = Life Coaching success. What you ask does this mean?
Boom is a word that indicates a deep resonant sound – the loud noise you want to make in the coaching profession.
Zoom is a word that indicates swiftness. You want to achieve your goals and live your dreams as quickly as possible.
Now that you know what boom and zoom means, how do you achieve them? Your business and life coaching success depends on your ability to consistently set and achieve goals. Your career will be on the fast track to success when you set goals. Goals will provide the boom and zoom that you need. Boom and zoom = life coaching success.
Boom and Zoom – Life Coaching Success Using Goals
- Write a list of what you want. Sounds simple, right? Well, yes and no. This list should be a well-thought out listing of exactly what you want to accomplish. It should also be ongoing. Don’t just write the list when you start your business and then never update or amend it. Keep it fresh and current. Updating your boom and zoom = life coaching success forever!
- Create reachable goals. Writing down the goal of earning a million dollars is not a bad goal to have; however, writing down a goal of earning a million dollars in the next 30 days is most likely a pipe dream and certainly unattainable. Make them real and reachable. Real booming and zooming = life coaching success.
- Write measurable and quantifiable goals for your life coaching practice. Instead of writing “I want to own a car without monthly payments,” be more specific. Write, “I want to own a brand new Mercedes convertible without monthly payments.” How many clients to you want to have in one year? Think of an amount and write it down as a goal.
- Write money goals. Don’t write, “I want to make a lot of money. Instead, quantify your goal: “I want to be making $100,000 per year.” Write: “I want to be able to charge $200 per hour in three years.” Think about your business and your situation, and write down how much you want to make – next month, next year, in ten years; write down how much you want to save each month, each year, by the time you retire; write down how much you want to give to charity, how much car or house or boat you want to be able to afford. Money may not be everything, but it certainly matters when thinking about the boom and zoom. Life coaching success depends on making money!
- Write daily and weekly goals. As previously mentioned, ongoing goals are an important part of success, and daily and weekly goals will help you keep your goals current. A list of daily or weekly goals does not have to be long; in fact, even one goal each day is sufficient to create a little boom and zoom.
All you goals should be:
- Believable – you have to buy it and so does anyone else involved.
- Achievable – they must exist in the realm of possibility.
- Measurable – can they be measured and verified?
- Controllable- you must have control over your goals to reach them.
There is power in knowing what you want out of your business and your life. Goals provide that power. They are perhaps the most useful tool in the business world – simple and effective. They have the boom and the zoom, and you remember the formula – boom and zoom = life coaching success.
Hope you took some great value out of this post today! I’d love to hear your feedback, so make sure you leave a comment with your thoughts or questions. And also, you can click on the Twitter button below to retweet this article…Thank you!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community