If you are thinking of getting into the life coach field, you may be asking the question: What requirements are needed to become a life coach?
You may be wondering if you need to go to school or if you need some special skills to make it in the industry. Most people who consider coaching as a profession wonder about two categories of needs:
- • Educational requirements
• Personality and character requirements
What requirements are needed to be a life coach and are they tough to fulfill? Well, not everyone can be a coach, but the profession is open to many different types of people if they are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to prepare for a richly rewarding career.
What are the Educational Requirements Needed to Become a Life Coach?
There are no strict educational requirements to beginning a career as a life coach. You may not even need a license or a certification to be a life coach. You don’t even need to be a college graduate.
However, most coaches realize that a targeted and well-rounded educational background is an important component in coaching success. Aspiring life coaches can earn degrees in counseling, psychology, sociology, or some other related field while in college. If you are too many years past college, there are many different coaching programs and schools which offer the vital knowledge and skills needed to be successful in the industry.
Coaches should also realize that education is a lifelong pursuit. The coaching field is constantly evolving and it is crucial to keep up with the latest information. Education never ends!
What requirements are needed to become a life coach when it comes to education? The answer is both nothing…and everything possible!
What Requirements are Needed to Become a Life Coach – Character?
Here is the nitty-gritty to becoming a life coach? Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to become the type of person able to work and prosper in the coaching field?
Here are 7 important character and personality traits that will help you become a successful life coach. Some you may be born with while others may need to be nurtured and developed.
- • Motivator. Can you inspire and motivate people to act?
• High level of curiosity. Are you inspired to learn as much as you can to better your knowledge and skills?
• Good listener. This is both a natural trait and one that can be enhanced through education. Coaches need to be active listeners – they can hear the words, the tone, the context, and also see the body language, while formulating the right questions.
• Collaborator. Are you able to work well with others? Coaching is merely a partnership between coach and client. Successful partnerships require easy and effective collaboration.
• Positive. If you see the glass as half-empty, you may have a difficult time making it in the coaching world. Coaches are positive people who constantly seek for ways to enhance and improve.
• A drive for success. Success should provide a thrill that no pill, drink, or drug can. Success for your clients and yourself should be paramount.
• The power of sympathy and empathy. These two traits allow you to understand clients and what has influenced their lives. It allows you to step inside their heads and bring out answers for their issues.
What Requirements are Needed to Become a Highly Successful Life Coach?
Life coaches don’t begin their careers as huge success stories. The one you see at the top worked and fought to get there. They had these traits in abundance:
- • Patience
• Belief in themselves
• A willingness to work harder than others
• A willingness to explore alternate avenues of making money
You now have the answer to the question: What requirements are needed to become a highly successful life coach?
Now – one more question: What requirement is needed to become a life coach? That requirement is YOU. When you can decide to just do it, you are now ready to start your life as a life coach.
Special Bonus – Learn 3 simple ways to become a life coach with the “30-Days to Become a Coach” video toolkit when you fill in the form at the top right and click the “Watch The Videos Now” button. You’ll learn how to change your client’s life in 45 minutes.
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community