Career coaching is a great profession that is in high demand, and in this article, I will list the top nine career coaching marketing ideas to help attract coaching clients.
What is Career Coaching?
Before we take a lot at the different marketing strategies that will help you grow your business, let us understand what career coaching is about and how it can be beneficial to people.
Career coaching has to do with empowering individuals by helping them establish successful careers. Career coaching will give clients the tools to refine their next career step and set out a clear path towards success.
The Role of Career Coaches
What does career coaches do?
Career coaches focus on helping their clients achieve desired success in their professional lives. These coaches help people make informed career choices or changes. Career coaches are facilitators, and so they should only be utilized as mentors and guides to make long-lasting changes in clients’ professional lives. With help from the career coach, clients should position themselves for success by making the most out of their skills and knowledge to meet career goals. According to a recent report by ZipRecruiter, career coaching professionals typically earn an average of $56,222 annually in the United States.
These professionals can work with individuals at any point in their careers. Their clients can range from recent college graduates just starting in their professional careers to an individual with 30 years on the job looking to transition into a new career or starting a new business (entrepreneurship).
Getting Clients Through Career Coach Marketing
To succeed as a career coach, you will need to reach out to those who require your services, and career coach marketing will help you to do just that. How do you go about finding your ideal clients who are needing you to help them out of their current job or career dilemma? Check out the marketing ideas below:
1. Defining Your Brand – Your brand defines your business and how prospective clients and others perceive it. A strong brand will attract the right clients to your coaching business.
2. Build an online presence – On community sites and social media platforms such as LinkedIn, create a strong and active presence there. Include a personalized audio message welcoming your audience and speak directly to those who may need your services. Share what you will be bringing to the table as a coaching expert.
3. Complementary Partnership – Align yourself with agencies or individuals who offer other interrelated services to grow your network base. Examples of such partnerships can include day shelters and community programs that help with resume writing, rehabilitation centers, etc.
4. Podcast – Consider creating a podcast that can allow you to build your brand. On the podcast, you can promote training, seminar programs, etc.
5. Free Coaching Programs – Offer free coaching to individuals.
6. Speaking Events – You should plan speaking engagements at no cost to the public. It will be an opportunity to share your business with potential clients and engage with them one on one.
7. Meet up Group – Meet up groups are quite popular these days. Consider creating one for a small fee to build a network of like-minded professionals—a great opportunity for referrals.
8. Your advocates – Who are your advocates that are eagerly rooting for your success? Your friends, family, colleagues, and current or past clients. These individuals will help spread your word and create more opportunities for you.
9. Freebies – Who doesn’t enjoy getting free stuff? You should give thoughtful gifts that include your business details, name, logo, etc. These serve as marketing or promotional items for your business.
I hope you find the above-listed career coach marketing ideas helpful. Building a name for yourself in the coaching industry and your genuine desire to help your clients achieve their definition of success is what will make you a successful career coach.
“Margaret K. Olubiyi
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community”