How to be a life coach without a coaching credential! Is it attainable? Yes, it is! There are currently no existing rules or policies that you must meet before you can become a life coach.
About Life Coaching
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Like many other helping professions, life coaching focuses on improving people’s lives using a future focused and goal directed approach. The demand for life coaches has grown significantly in recent years as a result of the emphasis that society is currently placing on self-improvement and personal growth.
Seeking a life coach’s services usually occurs when a person needs professional assessment, direction, and motivation. Life coaches originate from varying backgrounds, mental health, social work, education, human services. There are also those with little or no experience who possess a desire to help people.
(NOTE: If you’ve been waiting to start your coaching business, or were wondering if you can do it profitably, then you need to watch this video. In the video, I’ll explain how to How to Build a Profitable Coaching Business in 30 Days. Click HERE now to watch the video.)
How to Be a Life Coach With Five Simple Steps
Obtaining life coach certification is an added plus or benefit to one’s coaching career, but it is neither mandatory nor is it a guarantee of success. I know this is some relief for those who are not interested in becoming a credentialed coach.
Check out these helpful tips to get you going in your life coaching career.
- Passion – First and foremost, you need to be passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of others. You must be interested in seeing the lives of people transformed. Also, you need to be a people’s person, someone who enjoys or is exceptionally good at relating to others.
- Choosing a Niche – Within the life coaching field, there are numerous specialties you can choose from. And so, to be an effective life coach, you may want to consider selecting a niche, an area where you are most skilled or have some level of experience. For example, if you come from a business or finance background, you might consider becoming a Business Coach.
- Get Trained/Educated – In addition to any previous education you may possess, e.g., training in education or counseling, specialized training is frequently required to be a life coach. In a coach training program, you will learn coaching skills, strategies, and promotional tools needed to establish your coaching practice. The International Coach Federation (ICF) is an excellent place to locate a quality coach training program.
- Registering Your Business – For those interested in starting your own life coaching business, registering your business in the city or state you live in is necessary. Ensure that you check with your state laws regarding the requirements needed to become a legal business owner.
- Marketing Your Business – To succeed as a life coach, you need to reach out to your target clients, those who require your services. Through several means, you can accomplish this, including advertising on social media like Facebook, creating a business website, face-to-face networking, distributing business cards, offering free online or in-person coaching sessions, and more. Marketing is crucial in your business’s initial stages to enable people to identify who you are and what you do.
How to be a life coach without a coaching certification! Is it achievable? Absolutely, if you put these simple steps into action. Try them today and see how it works for you.
SPECIAL BONUS — If you would like step-by-step blueprints for generating a massive income from high paying coaching clients, I invite you to claim your FREE ACCESS to the “Life Coach Salary Secrets” video toolkit. Go HERE to get it FREE.
Margaret K. Olubiyi
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community