Coaching discovery call questions is just one of several effective ways to attract potential clients to your business. Making those coaching discovery calls may not be fun but it is necessary to move your business to the next level.
What is a Coaching Discovery Call?
A Discovery Call is a complimentary session in which you get to know your prospective clients. The discovery call offers a prospective client the opportunity to discover what her current needs or challenges are and if you can support her’ in solving those challenges. In a discovery session call, your focus is to assess if you are the right fit for the individual and vice versa; to see if you can work together. The coaching discovery call is not a time to coach.
Think of a discovery call more like a meet-and-greet call where the entire goal is to determine if you are suitable for each other. One thing you should know about a coaching discovery call is that you are mostly there to listen and ask the appropriate questions. Your goal as a coach is to discover from them through the questions you ask, where they are struggling and what they want to see happen next and to turn that call into a paying client and how can you do that? Let us look at some great coaching discovery call questions.
Coaching Discovery Call Questions That Can Attract Your Ideal Clients
One valuable tip to remember is that your coaching discovery calls should not belong. It should take anywhere from 20-35 minutes to get a feel of the individual you are speaking with. The tendency of a call becoming too long can lead to an actual coaching session which is not the goal of the call. Your questions should be direct and should be easily understood by the individual.
Check out these powerful questions that can work for you
1. “I am delighted to connect with you today. Is it okay if I ask you some questions about your life/business/health?” (depending on what your niche is, make that initial connection.).
2. “So, tell me a little bit about what your current situation looks like? (you are trying to figure out where they are currently at ).
3. “What does success look like to you? What are you hoping to accomplish? (you are attempting to find out what they are looking to accomplish in the very near future.).
4. “What’s working and what’s not working in your life right now?
5. “Tell me what’s not working for you; what are the challenges hindering you from accomplishing your goal(s)?
6. “How has been unable to accomplish your goal(s) affected your life? (you are helping them comprehend the effect of not fulfilling their desired goal.).
7. “If you could overcome the challenges/obstacles you mentioned, what would that do for you?”
8. “Based on our discussion today, how do you feel about giving coaching a chance?
9. “I am confident that coaching will transform your life; I would like to partner with you to get you to where you need to be. Are you ready to work with me?
If her answer is yes, then congratulate the individual on taking this step; let them know what the subsequent steps will be; you can also go ahead and make your first appointment with her. If the answer is no or I am unsure for reasons like finances and she still wants to think about it some more, then respect her decision. However, there is nothing wrong with asking her if there is anything, she needed clarity on that might change her mind.
Regardless of if the answer is no or let me sleep on it, ensure you follow up with the individual within 2-3 business days of the call. Appreciate the individual for her time and end the call.
Special Bonus – Learn 32 ‘Guru’ Transformation Techniques when you click on the image at the top right. You’ll learn how to become a life coach in 30 days.
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community