When you help your clients with business plan coaching, building a strategic plan is a great skill to have. Running corporate planning retreats and strategic planning consulting are great services to offer, and it makes a huge difference for your clients!
Business Plan Coaching Step ONE: The Capture Step
Before your client can start working on their business plan, they need to CAPTURE everything that might help them find the best goals, changes, and solutions to create the future for their organization.
In the capture step, they’ll discover and list every goal, change, and solution them think should get done within the timeframe covered by their strategic plan.
In order to make the best decisions, them need all the options in front of them, which is exactly what the capture step is for.
How to Capture
Tell your business coaching client the following:
- Collect all your ideas. Put them in one place (in front of you):.
- As you review these ideas, identify anything that is a viable candidate to be a part of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Write each item separately on a fresh numbered list.
What to Capture
Your business plan coaching clients should consider capturing anything that could make a difference for their business, including:
- Problems / Solutions
- Anything that could positively impact:
- Money / Income / Profits
- Systems / Efficiencies
- Customers / Sales / Lead Generation / Service & Fulfillment
- The Team / Organizational Culture
- Anything to ‘stop doing’
Jeffrey T. Sooey
CEO, JTS Advisors
Founder, Coaches Training Blog community