As a new coach looking to establish your coaching practice, It is a good idea to have a coach marketing starter kit. It contains everything needed to help promote your business successfully.
What is a Marketing Starter Kit?
A marketing starter kit is a portfolio that pretty much contains everything that is needed to market your business successfully. Your marketing starter kit gives you the opportunity to showcase your products or services to prospective customers or clients.
Before you build your coach marketing starter kit, you must ask yourself some standard questions like the following:
1. Who are my target clients? You must know what type of clients you would like to coach.
2. What kind of approach do you want to use in your coaching practice?
3. What areas of coaching do you want to specialize in?
4. Are you planning to coach online, over the phone, in person or all three?
5. How do you plan to promote your business?
6. Do you intend to create additional streams of income over time?
Answering these questions will help you build your marketing starter kit. Also, you must ensure that you have obtained the necessary legal and business information where you reside to make official your coaching business.
Your Coach Marketing Starter Kit For Your Business
A good coach marketing starter kit will help attract new clients, retain current clients, and keep you current in a growing industry. So, let’s see an example of what such a marketing starter kit looks like.
1. Spread the Word – I believe word of mouth is still one of the most effective ways to advertise your business. When people are talking about your business, and recommending people they love and care about to try you out, it is a great thing. Never underestimate the power of the tongue! It is absolutely free marketing for your business.
2. Social Media Platforms – As a small business owner, utilizing social media is very important in promoting your business. Build a following by engaging with your audience on social media. These platforms are where consumers talk about their experiences—both good and bad and where prospective customers are educated about your business. You want to hear what they have to say.
3.Business Website – Having a business website helps attract more prospective clients to your coaching practice. You get to share about your new business, your passion for what you do and the specific services you offer. It is also important to be current on industry trends, post content and respond to comments and feedbacks regularly.
4. Join a Community – Being a part of a community of people (virtual or physical) that may require your services is profoundly significant to developing your business. Engage in posts regularly, offer free advice and respond to the posts of other members. Another way to be part of a community is to join a faith-based group e.g. your local church, interest groups or volunteer your services to a local non-profit.
5. Print Media – As a local business, you can reach your community more effectively by distributing business cards, flyers, and brochures where you go. On your flyers and brochures, list your services and products (e.g. books, DVD, etc.), and include details and pricing information. Constantly have your business cards on you when you are leaving home because you never know when you are going to meet a future client.
6. Speaking engagements – You can also promote your coaching practice by offering seminars, webinars, online classes, etc.
7. Email list – Email marketing has been frequently ranked among the most effective marketing tactics for all types of business. Emailing newsletters and other content is one of the most affordable ways to drive both customer acquisition and retention.
No matter how great of a coach you are, if you do not have a suitable marketing plan to attract clients, then you will be unable to succeed in your coaching business. Therefore, get busy building the coach marketing starter kit that will help you not only a successful coach but a successful business owner.
Special Bonus – Learn 32 ‘Guru’ Transformation Techniques when you click on the image at the top right. You’ll learn how to become a life coach in 30 days.
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community