Whether you are starting a coaching business or already have one up and running, these top 10 coaching tips will get your business headed in the right direction – and that direction leads to success and profitability.
Top 10 Coaching Tips For Success
The first five of the top 10 coaching tips for success are concerned with running your coaching practice. Here are the Top 10 tips.
- Get Off Your Butt and Start. You have no doubt heard Nike’s slogan: “Just do it!” Well, it applies to everything you do in business. You have to be proactive and reactive in business, especially in coaching, an industry that is constantly changing and evolving. If you are thinking of starting a business, stop thinking and start doing!
- Define Your Niche. Every business and every coaching practice needs something that defines it. Creating a well-defined niche helps you target your market and draw more people to your practice.
- The World Has Moved Online. Face-to-face contact is still the most important component of many businesses, but if you aren’t online, you will be nowhere fast. Have a website, a blog, a social media presence, a store, and the capability to coach via email or online webinar.
- Become an Author. No, you don’t have to write the Great American Novel, or pen a fancy textbook on coaching. Start writing articles, blogs, and website content. You want to offer some information of value to your current and potential clients.
- Market the Hell Out of Yourself. You can’t have a business without making marketing and promotion a part of your life. Without marketing, you will not survive – simple as that. If you hate marketing so much, hire someone to do it for you. It is a necessary evil for all coaching businesses. Perhaps this is the most important of the top 10 coaching tips!
The next five of the top 10 coaching tips for success are about the way you work with your clients and keep them coming back for more.
6. Help Your Clients Find Peace and Stillness. A little more stillness in a life, whether through meditation, napping, or sitting in a dark room by yourself, is a good thing. It will help clients clear their minds and allow them to focus on the most important tasks of the day.
7. Claim Some Creativity. Yes, get your clients to find their creative side. Learn to cook, paint, draw, build, write, or anything that is considered creative. This may not help them achieve their career goals, but it will help them find happiness and perhaps even a new talent.
8. Education is Forever. The more your learn, the more you will know. The more you will know, the better able you will be to help your clients. Keeping up with current trends in coaching, learning new skills, assessments, and exercises, and honing your coaching talents in classes and seminars will provide you with more ways to reach the desired outcomes with your clients.
9. Measure and Adjust. If you don’t measure and assess your clients success, how do you know how well you are doing? How will you be able sell yourself to potential clients? You won’t! Measuring your success (or failure) is a crucial component of your coaching practice; it helps you improve and draw in more clients.
10. Recognize the Success of Your Clients. Your entire business is built around the success of your clients. Does it make sense to recognize when they achieve a goal? Of course it does. This is one of the best client retention strategies – recognize them with a pat on the back, a gift, a free session, or anything that works to offer congratulations. Clients will remember your recognition.
Using these top 10 coaching tips will help you manage your business, obtain and retain clients, and build a successful coaching practice. These top 10 coach tips are the foundation of every successful coaching practice, and hopefully yours will be one of them.
Give this strategy a try and see for yourself that it works. If you liked this coaching tip, leave a comment or use the handy bookmark buttons below to share it with others on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc. Thanks!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community