Thanks to global coaching organizations such as the International Coach Federation, the number of coaching professionals has soared over the last few years in several African countries like the Republic of Kenya.
About The International Coach Federation
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification, and building a worldwide network of trained coaching professionals.
The ICF offers the only internationally recognized, independent credentialing program for coaching practitioners. ICF Credentials are awarded to professional coaches who have met stringent education and experience requirements and have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the coaching competencies that set the profession’s standard. Achieving credentials through ICF signifies a coach’s commitment to integrity, knowledge, mastery of coaching skills, and dedication to clients.
The ICF Core Values
The International Coach Federation is committed to reliability, openness, acceptance, and congruence and considers all parts of the ICF community mutually accountable to uphold the following values:
- Integrity: The ICF upholds the highest standards both for the coaching profession and our organization.
- Excellence: They set and demonstrate standards of excellence for professional coaching quality, qualification, and competence.
- Collaboration: They value the social connection and community building that occurs through collaborative partnership and co-created achievement.
- Respect: They are inclusive and value the diversity and richness of their global stakeholders. The ICF put people first, without compromising standards, policies, and quality.
Benefits of Joining The Coach Federation – Kenya Chapter
The Kenya chapter of the International Coach Federation is located in Nairobi, Kenya. The Republic of Kenya borders South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, and Tanzania. It is famous for its breathtaking scenic landscapes, beaches, and vast wildlife preserves. Nairobi is its capital and happens to be the largest city in this East African Country. For a new ICF Certified Coach based in Kenya or the neighboring countries interested in joining the chapter, here are some of the benefits that an individual is guaranteed to enjoy.
- Professional Networking: The ICF Kenya Chapter provides an opportunity to meet and network with other coaches, sharing insights, creative ideas, and best practices.
- Education Opportunities: The Chapter provides invaluable education through ongoing seminars and events. Most of their events will grant attendees Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEUs), which can be used for ICF certification or renewal purposes.
- Discounts on Coaching Events: Occasionally, Chapter members may qualify for discounted rates on coaching events.
- Leadership Opportunities: ICF members have the opportunity to develop leadership skills through active participation in the running and management of the ICF Kenya Chapter in any one of the various portfolios.
- Increased Visibility of Coaching in the Community: The ICF Kenya Chapter has the opportunity to enhance or improve the visibility of the coaching profession through marketing and public relations.
Becoming a member of the International Coach Federation Kenya Chapter is an excellent opportunity for every ICF certified Kenya based coach. For more information about how to join, visit their page at icfkenya.org or their active Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/icfke/, where you can connect with other like minded professional coaches and trainers in your community.
Special Bonus – Learn 32 ‘Guru’ Transformation Techniques when you click on the image at the top right. You’ll learn how to become a life coach in 30 days.
Margaret K. Olubiyi
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community