Are you looking for coaching questions to help your coaching clients? Let us check out ten basic life coaching questions that can make an impact in your clients’ lives.
The Life Coaching Career
Life Coaching is one of the fastest-growing, rewarding and lucrative professions today, and one of the ways to achieve great success in this field is to ask the appropriate life coaching questions that will help transform your coaching clients.
(NOTE: If you’ve been waiting to start your coaching business, or were wondering if you can do it profitably, then you need to watch this video. In the video, I’ll explain how to How to Build a Profitable Coaching Business in 30 Days. Click HERE now to watch the video.)
The Life coaching profession is distinct from consulting, offering advice, counseling, mentoring, and therapy. It involves helping others achieve their objectives. Life coaching is strictly based on the principle that the client can determine and achieve their desired goals if allowed to do so. Life coaching is not about fixing the problem but instead giving the power back to the individual to discover how to derive the best solution for their situation. Coaching is based on a future-focused approach, and the main goal is to take the person from where they presently are to where they want to be in their lives.
Life coaches are professionals that help people make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfillment. Most of them are self-employed, and others work within an agency or organization.
Basic Life Coaching Questions That Will Transform Your Clients’ Lives
These ten questions below will help get you started on the right track and hopefully it will positively impact the way you do coaching. They are not in any particular order.
- What is your preferred method of coaching? i.e are you interested in a structured setup formal or an informal approach? The client should be able to choose which method to use.
- What would you like to achieve by the end of this coaching session today? Asking this question helps both life coach and client stay focused on the desired goals to achieve.
- What are your short or long-term goals?
- How committed do you feel towards the goal(s) you desire to obtain?
- What steps can you take to move forward?
- What are the biggest challenges you are facing right now?
- What’s hindering you from achieving your goals? What hasn’t been working for you? We all face some challenges in our personal lives as well as professional lives. It is essential to be aware of these hindrances and be ready to face/address them head-on using the right tools and strategies.
- What is your definition of success? How does one’s definition of success help them accomplish the goal(s) they desire to achieve? It is important to find out.
- If you could change one thing about the goal you want to achieve, what would it be?
- Is there anything you are uncomfortable with discussing? Asking this question helps create a trusting and safe space for your coaching client.
When we talk about basic life coaching questions, we refer to fundamental and relevant inquiries designed to bring the needed results in the coaching relationship. These coaching questions can help your clients get clear on their goals.
Special Bonus – Learn 32 ‘Guru’ Transformation Techniques when you click on the image at the top right. You’ll learn how to become a life coach in 30 days.
Margaret K. Olubiyi
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community