The job outlook for wellness coaching jobs in the United States is remarkably good. As people strive to live a healthier lifestyle, the demand for wellness coaches will continue to rise. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, health educators and community health workers, which are similar careers, are expected to grow at a rapid rate through 2024. If you are a person who has always been passionate about helping others maintain an acceptable work-balance lifestyle, you might want to consider becoming a wellness coach.
Wellness coaching professionals work in a variety of settings that works best for their clients. They work with individuals, in group settings such as hospitals, community health centers, as well as large organizations (like Microsoft). From the comfort of your home, you can thrive as a health and wellness coach. With the advancement in technology and social media, It has become one of the most rewarding and flexible jobs you can ever have.
Who are Wellness Coaches?
Wellness Coaches are professionals whose goal is to assist their clients to find the motivation and resources needed to attain their physical and emotional health goals. Coaches help their clients explore potential opportunities for addressing current health concerns and push them to achieve their self-determined goals.
Is Educational Training Needed for Wellness Coaching Jobs?
To secure well-paying wellness coaching jobs, you will be required to get certified. Many companies today call for coaching certification in addition to a health or human services related degree to be employed. This is also the case if you were starting your practice. There are some coaching programs out there to get you trained and ready to become a successful health and wellness coach. You might consider the International Coach Federation (ICF) to locate quality and accredited programs for certification. Working as a certified health and wellness coach increases your credibility and trustworthiness with your clients.
Listed below are six great health and wellness coaching jobs that you can work from home:
- Nutrition and Weight Loss Coach – Provide clients with weight loss support and help to improve their eating habits. A bachelor’s degree in Nutrition is a plus in this position.
- Diabetes Health Coach – Help clients in creating healthy vision, goals, and lifestyle to improve their diabetes. As a coach, you will develop programs for diabetics related to nutrition and weight management. Diabetes Health coaches are also called Health Coach Diabetes Educators, and they work remotely from home.
- Mental Health Coach – Work with clients in reaching their desired mental health goals. You will also provide guidance in acquiring life skills, in developing hope, and a renewed self-worth. A Master’s degree in social work or psychology is typically required in addition to a coaching certification.
- Healthy Lifestyle Coach – Provide clients with personalized patient-centered fitness and healthy lifestyle plans.
- Tactical Performance Health Coach – Work on delivering wellness seminars and digital performance coaching to their clients. Your client base will consist of tactical athletes and methods of coaching will comprise both in-house and virtual sessions.
- Fitness Coach – Work with clients on improving their current levels of fitness, and achieving their fitness goals. Some employers may require you to have a degree in physical education or exercise science.
As a health and wellness coach working from home, there will be times when you will find yourself working with special populations. Your clients may range from individuals with chronic diseases such as diabetes to disabled clients. To that end, it is always important to be equipped with the right resources to deliver quality and culturally competent services to your clients.
The rapid rise in wellness coach jobs is said to be driven by insurance companies desiring to cut costs. Also, recent changes in health care coverage in the United States are also making a positive impact. Now is the perfect time to consider a career in health and wellness coaching. The work from home job opportunities are endless. With the proper training, credentials, and passion, you will be well on your way to an exciting and rewarding career.
Would you like an endless stream of new coaching clients? Simply click the image to the right and email and I’ll send you free videos with step-by-step blueprints for generating a massive income from high paying coaching clients.
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community