A personal coach can give you lessons on living life to the fullest by teaching you to live like a dog. That’s right, one of the keys to a satisfying life is to learn from man‘s best friend!.
What can a personal coach teach us about a dog’s life that will help us live our lives to the fullest? Well, you would be surprised how much we can learn from our faithful companions. Dogs can teach us humans the right way to live!
6 Life Lessons From a Dog: The Perspective of a Personal Coach
- Clean Your Plate. One of the best things you can do for your financial health is to clean your plate. The more food your throw out, the more money you waste. In these difficult economic times, wasting money is definitely not a good thing! Rover knows what’s good for him and a good coach will tell you to take the hint. Cleaning your plate is also a metaphor for finishing what you start and living life to its fullest…until the very end.
- Take naps. Napping is good for your body and heart. Don’t you envy how your dog can just lie down on the floor and fall fast asleep? You should try it. Take some advice from a personal coach; napping rejuvenates and replenishes. Napping recharges your batteries and allows you to face the remainder of the day with more energy. Your dog knows best!
- Find something you enjoy and do it over and over again. This can apply to a career or a hobby. A dog will play Frisbee, chase after other dogs, or chew on a bone for hours on end; he or she is doing something they love. If you can find a career, hobby, or recreational activity you enjoy doing; do it over and over again. Just like your dog!
- Speak up when things aren’t right. Learn to bark…just like Rover. When Rover asks for something, he barks. When he wants to go somewhere, he barks. Learn to be assertive and get what you want in life. Sometimes all you have to do is ask!
- Learn to love to walk. Dogs love to go on walks and so should you. Every form of exercise is beneficial, but as we age, the choices we have are sometimes limited due to injuries, physical limitations, and time. But, movement keeps us healthy and one of the healthiest ways to move is to walk. Walking is good for weight management, cardiovascular health, and keeps us feeling young. Take a walk with your dog and enjoy life!
- Drink plenty of water. Dog’s don’t drink soda or other flavored drinks. They drink pure water, and we should, too! When they’re thirsty they drink plenty of water and humans should follow their lead. Everyone’s knows water is good for them, but they sometimes fail to get enough of it. Dogs don’t even understand how good water is for them, and they drink plenty! Be like your dog – drink plenty of water!
As a personal coach, you can take lessons from a dog’s life and use them to show your clients habits that will benefit them for their entire lives. A dog instinctively knows best, and a personal coach can use their instincts to truly help clients achieve happiness, good health, and success. That’s right, take it from a personal coach’s best friend; life is meant to be lived like a dog!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community