So, what criteria should you be looking for in a certification program that will qualify it having the title best certification for life coaching? We will take a look at a few of them in this article.
Well, if you do not know it yet, the coaching industry is here to stay. It is a flourishing field expected to continue to substantially grow over the next few years. And so If you’re planning to pursue a career as a life coach, it is important to establish yourself in the field and one of the best ways to do that is to become certified.
Life Coaching, What is it?
The field of life coaching has to do with helping others achieve their desired goals. It differs from mentoring, counseling and training. Life coaching is based on the principle that the client is in the driver’s seat of their life; they can identify with some help from the coach, what is needed to achieve their desired outcome. Life coaching is based on a future-focused approach and Its purpose is to take the individual from where they presently are to where they want to be in their personal or professional life.
How to Determine The Best Certification For Life Coaching That Suits Your Needs
The ideal way to determine the best certification for you is by doing your HOMEWORK.
What criteria should you be looking for?
- A certification accredited by a widely recognized coaching & credentialing organization –The most common one being The International Coach Federation (ICF). It is referred to as the gold standard in the coaching industry and its credentialed coaches are recognized all over the world in the coaching arena. Do your research when seeking out coaching certifications.
- Location – The best credentials for life coaching is one that offers flexibility to accommodate your lifestyle. One that will not stress you out and you are able to access your classes anywhere via virtual and distance learning or in a traditional setting.
- Costs – An affordable certification program and it covers every aspect of the coaching program. (All-inclusive). Also, one that offers a flexible payment plan when needed.
- Complete training – You should look for the best certification for life coaching that provides you with both hands-on coaching training, as well as business training to educate you on the business side of coaching.
- The Expertise of The Instructors/Trainers – You want to be taught by people with a wealth of knowledge, vast experience, and passionate people ready to help others achieve greatness.
Some in the coaching field believe that the top two training providers that meet or exceed the above criteria; offering the best certification for life coaching are; the Coach Training Alliance (CTA) and the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC).
Both schools are highly respected in the field today. CTA is considered the best school for life coaches looking to start their own practice. The school also offers specific marketing courses to help prepare you for private practice or consulting work as a life coach regardless of your future career path. The delivery of the entire course is done through online lessons, live teleconferences and interactive studying using educational software. It also offers one of the most affordable life coaches training programs on the market. Completing their Certified Coaching Program will cost you $3,347 with a payment plan option if you prefer to pay over nine months.
iPEC provides flexibility for its students by having most of their training completed by phone and online, with three modules of three days duration each completed face-to-face on-site at the training locations. The program cost is $9,895.00 all-inclusive. This fee covers all mentor coaching, instruction, and materials. Costs for lodging, food, travel, phone calls, etc. are covered by the student. Payment plans are available. Both iPEC and CTA are ICF approved training providers.
At the end of the day, choosing the best certification for life coaching has to do with what works best for you. It is important you do your homework to ensure that you make the right choice for both you and your clients.
Special Bonus – Learn 3 simple ways to become a life coach with the“30-Days to Become a Coach” video toolkit when you fill in the form at the top right and click the “Watch The Videos Now” button. You’ll learn how to change your client’s life in 45 minutes.
Writer, Coaches Training Blog community