An accredited life coach training program provides the necessary education, training, and tools to enable you to earn a life coach certificate. There are several accredited life coach training programs currently available. However, the best coach training programs are those that are accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
The ICF offers three types of accreditations: Continuing Coach Education, Approved Coach Specific Training Hours, and the most important one is Accredited Coach Training Programs (ACTP).
If you are looking for comprehensive coach training, Accredited Coach Training Programs (ACTP) should be your obvious choice. It is a comprehensive program that provides 125 hours of training. The program also ensures that the participants fully understand what it takes to be a life coach according to the ICF, what are ICF Core Competencies, and the ICF Code of Ethics. The observation of the participants during coaching sessions is also part of the ACTP. Moreover, participants must also pass a final exam to earn a certificate.
If you are interested in training for some specific aspects of coaching, then Approved Coach Specific Training Hours is the best option. It allows you to choose the area of your choice and provides 30 hours of training. Training in ICF Core Competencies and observations of coaching sessions are also part of this program.
Continuing Coach Education is a different type of accreditation. It deals with enabling life coaches to build and maintain their coaching skills. It also focuses on refining your previous learning and teaching new coaching techniques. It also helps and guides coaches to personal and professional development and helps them build their life coaching practice business.
The benefits of taking an ICF accredited life coach training program
An ICF accredited life coach training program offers numerous advantages. Here are some of the benefits:
- The ICF is the gold standard in the world of coaching. It authorizes the ICF accredited life coach training programs that institutions from across the globe offer. Enrolling in an ICF accredited life coach training program is the best way to demonstrate your credibility as a life coach.
- ICF accredited life coach training programs also transform your life coaching skills and take your knowledge to the next level. They equip you with different coaching strategies and tools that help you transform the lives of your clients.
- ICF accredited life coach training programs fully prepare you to direct clients’ focus to what matters the most. They also help you in guiding clients in setting realistic goals and achieving those goals.
- Certified coaches also attract more clients as they have certification to demonstrate their credibility. Thus, you can develop your coaching skills and grow your business as well.
- An ICF accredited life coach training program makes you an ICF member and ICF members enjoy several benefits that can help them develop and build a network. They also have access to ICF educational content such as the latest research and publications, news regarding potential opportunities for professional development, and more. Moreover, ICF members can also enjoy discounts on conferences and local events.
Before enrolling in an accredited life coach training program, be sure to do your homework on the coach training school. There are fake schools out there attempting to pass themselves off as accredited when in fact the credential you’d earn from them wouldn’t be worth what you’re paying for. Be sure that a program and school is accredited before registering.
There are numerous resources on the Internet along with the schools themselves that allow you to request free information about life coaching programs, enrollment and financial assistance. Take advantage of these sites in your search for the right accredited life coach training program.
SPECIAL BONUS — If you would like step-by-step blueprints for generating a massive income from high paying coaching clients, I invite you to claim your FREE ACCESS to the “ Life Coach Salary Secrets” video toolkit. Go HERE to get it FREE.