What do I mean by 10x business coaching? Does it mean 10 times the work? Perhaps 10 times the profit. Wouldn’t that be nice?
As a business coach, you are working hard to get your clients to reach their goals and dreams. Whether you are working with small business owners, people who desire to become entrepreneurs, or corporate executives, you are helping them improve and achieve. One of the first things you do is help them identify their goals.
Think of this – what if you help them identify goals that are 10 times greater than where they are now, instead of just 2 times or 3 times? Shoot for the moon and stars, right?
If you have a client seeking ways to reach their goal of doubling their sales, why not help them modify their goal and seek sales that are ten times higher than their present level? Out of reach? Perhaps. But, why not try?
10x Business Coaching is a Mindset
Dan Sullivan, the founder of Strategic Coach has created the concept of 10x business purpose for entrepreneurs which gets his clients to focus on what is most pressing in their business. When they get clients to aim for a 10x bigger (or better) future, everything gets simpler and easier. Focus becomes more precise.
Drawing on that philosophy, 10x business coaching should elevate goals as well as focus. Because the goals are set much higher, the focus has to be more precise. Basically, being a 10x business coach means you are challenging each client to step up their game and pursue higher levels of success.
The mindset of 10x business coaching involves
- Helping your client identify and create goals that are difficult to reach (but reachable) Think ten times not two times. Think moon and stars not just the Earth.
- Helping your client devise steps to get to those goals.
- Helping your client identify support (groups, peers, information) along the pathway to those goals.
- Helping your client create reasonable timetables for the achievement of those goals.
Bo Jackson, former football and baseball player said, “Set your goals high, and don’t stop ’til you get there.” That’s what the 10x coaching mindset is all about. In life coaching, it would be about personal goals; in wellness coaching, it might be about health, weight, or wellness goals; in business coaching, it is all about achieving goals as an entrepreneur or business manager you may have once believed to be out of reach.
James Cameron, famous movie director said, “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” Thinking 10x above the rest of the competition means that even if you fail to get to your 10 times goal, you may still beat the competition and their paltry goals!
Here is the best 10x business coaching advice you can get – set unrealistically high goals. Why? Here are 4 reasons to set those incredibly high goals:
- Setting high goals motivates you to greater heights.
- Setting high goals motivates those around you (your employees or team members)
- Setting high goals encourages brainstorming, creativity, and elevating thinking.
- Setting high goals raises your performance to a new level of expectation.
Business coaches should be using the 10x business coaching philosophy to bring out the best in their clients and help them reach the moon and the stars and any other planets they want!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community