What is leadership coaching and why is it needed in our modern world? Let’s first define what leadership coaching is.
What is Leadership Coaching?
Leadership coaching is a personal development process that enhances an individual’s ability to lead people to achieve professional and personal objectives, often within the framework of an organization and within the context of organizational goals.
What is a Leadership Coach?
A leadership coach is someone who empowers managers, executives, business owners, and CEOs to excel in their leadership positions and roles. They understand that there are different leadership styles and work with individuals to find the style that best suits them. Leadership coaches cultivate talent and create business leaders.
Why Leadership Coaching is Needed Now More Than Ever
Technology has made many things easier, but it has also made the business world a more complex environment. Yes, technology has flattened the Earth and provided corporate leaders with the ability to make something happen on the other side of the globe with the push of a button or the click of a mouse. However, the more you can do, the more you need to know.
A Few Reasons Leadership Coaching is Crucial to Success:
- Jobs are more complex
- Corporate structure is more complex
- The world moves faster and to keep up, your company needs to move faster
- Change is more rapid and more often – the right leadership makes change easier
- Executives are more open to outside help than they once were
- Modern organizations have a flatter structure, making personnel issues even more important
Is Leadership Coaching Worth the Money?
Hiring a coach is an investment of a company’s time and resources. Before investing these resources, any CEO or executive should be asking: What is leadership coaching and is it really a valuable investment?
The answer is: Coaching works. It has been proven to work time and time again. Studies prove that it works. Is it any wonder that top corporations, such as GM, Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, and IBM hire coaches to improve performance and productivity?
According to the Hay Group, a large human resources consulting firm, between 25 and 40 percent of Fortune 500 companies use coaches with their executives. Of course, every company has to do their own analysis of the ROI for coaching, but examples abound of the value of coaching.
What is Leadership Coaching and What Can it Do For Your Company?
- Coaching focuses on learning new leadership skills and more effective behaviors.
- Coaching focuses on applied insight under real-world conditions.
- Coaching affords opportunities for growth within the context of business objectives and goals.
- Coaching helps to identify goals, which leads to more focused strategies and behavior.
- Coaching can help pave the way for better employer-employee relationships, which leads to increased productivity.
- Coaching will eventually impact the bottom line and lead to increased profits due to improved productivity.
What is leadership coaching? It is something needed now more than ever in our fast-paced, highly-competitive business world. You want to keep up? Hire a leadership coach to get the most out of your company’s leaders.
Hope you took some great value out of this post today! I’d love to hear your feedback, so make sure you leave a comment with your thoughts or questions. And also, you can click on the Twitter button below to retweet this article… Thank you!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community