Do you know how to become an online fitness coach? It’s fairly easy to find the necessary steps online. Perhaps you want to start a new career, or perhaps you want to move your fitness coach business online. Either way, when you become an online fitness coach, you want to be smart about it.
Some Fitness Coaches Work Too Hard
Fitness coaching is a great gig, but some coaches work too hard. They keep squeezing more and more clients into their time, working long hours, and never taking a break. For some coaches, that’s the way to make a good living. However, it’s difficult to keep up those long hours for any substantial period of time without getting sick, frustrated, or burned out.
Some Online Fitness Coaches Work Too Hard
When a coach moves part or all of their practice online, it is usually for two reasons – to reach more people and to make more money without working longer hours. However, when you become an online coach, there are still plenty of tasks to do and hours to work – updating programs, email list maintenance, writing, marketing, etc. You moved online to work less, but you ended up working more! How did this happen?
How to Become an Online Fitness Coach Without Working Too Hard
Since you already know how to become an online fitness coach, here are a few tips on becoming one who doesn’t work too hard yet still makes a good living.
- Software matters. Every business relies on a particular type of software to automate, organize, and operate. Online coaches need software that manages their clients, respond to requests on their website and their email marketing, deals with financial issues, and organizes all aspects of their practices. A fitness coach also needs software specifically design for fitness professionals, such as Trainerize.
- Select a Client type or two, or maybe three. The fewer client types you have, the easier it is to create a program that fits more people, and the fewer programs you will have to create.
- Take some time initially to set up these programs, take videos of these programs, and write instructions on how to complete these programs – long hours spent at the beginning will save you plenty of time later.
- Create flexible programs. Just as you will probably work on flexibility with your clients, you must work out exercise programs that are flexible, easily adapted to different clients, and simple to update with new exercises and routines. This, of course, will save you lots of time over the long term. Coaches won’t learn how to become online fitness coaches who don’t work too hard without that flexibility.
- Use social media and the Internet to brand yourself an expert. Post workout tips on Facebook and other social media, provide valuable health and fitness information in an email newsletter, and offer free sessions in your community and to the online community. Learning how to become an online fitness coach without working too hard doesn’t mean you won’t work – it just means you’ll be working smarter, not harder!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community