If you are a life coach practicing the old fashioned way – face-to-face in an office – you may be thinking about starting an online life coaching business. However, if you are hesitating because you couldn’t build a website or promote your services on social media if your life depended on it, it is good to know that there are online business coaches who can help you get started.
Coaches Want Your Business
There are coaches out there who want to coach you – not to make you happier or healthier or wealthier, but to help you get your online life coaching business up and running. They are the coaches who are coaching the coaches.
These coaches advertise that you can have an online business that makes thousands per month if you follow their advice. Is it true? Or, is it some kind of Internet scam?
Hype or Help for an Online Life Coaching Business?
Having an online life coaching business can open up new revenue streams. You can reach around the globe to find new clients. Because of the expanded potential, many coaches (or individuals thinking of becoming coaches) are looking to the Internet to create income.
Some coaches offering help are really only offering hype. However, how can you find the ones who are truly offering help to get your online life coach business off the ground and running at full speed?
6 Ways to Find the Right Coach For Your Online Business
- Get a personal recommendation. Through your coaching network, you may know someone who has started an online life coaching practice. Find out who they use. Even if you don’t personally know someone, you can look for referrals through your industry contacts.
- Looks for experts in business journals and magazines…and even on the Internet. Coaches who appear to have a stamp of approval from established journals, websites, and organizations are certainly worth a look.
- Once you have a few names to consider, look online for reviews and testimonials. There’s plenty of junk and useless information online, but there is also plenty of helpful reviews and testimonials floating around the Internet. It is a great way to do your due diligence on any coach you are considering using to help you launch an online life coaching business.
- Don’t forget to check for scammers. There are a few sites online where you can check to see if an individual or company has been reported for fraudulent behavior. Check for any scam reports in the Business Opportunity Scams section of the FTC website, the Better Business Bureau, or Fraud,org, a part of the National Consumers League.
- Take advantage of any free or low-cost training before you shell out the big bucks. This may give you an idea of what you are getting and who you are dealing with. Just be warned that you may face a high-pressure sales pitch after completed the free or low-cost training.
- Don’t believe all the hype. Even legit advisors will hype their service – that’s the way of marketing. Is it possible to make thousands in an online life coaching business? Certainly. Will it happen without any hard work? Probably not. But, behind the hype will be some real substance – real numbers, real people who have benefited from their service, and real support. Yes – there are real advisors and real coaches who can teach you the tricks of the trade. If you have followed all the steps, you should be able to tell if its real help or Internet hype.
Special Bonus – Learn 3 simple ways to become a life coach with the “30-Days to Become a Coach” video toolkit when you fill in the form at the top right and click the “Watch The Videos Now” button. You’ll learn how to change your client’s life in 45 minutes.
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community