Five Top Reasons in Answer to The Question: Why Become a Coach?
1. Opportunity to help others: Becoming a coach gives you a chance to help others which is very rewarding. It is a great way to stay intellectually, emotionally and spiritually stimulated while helping others and making a significant and positive contribution to society and your community.
2. Great community: Once you become a coach you will have a amazing community of coaches to become colleagues and friends with. I find all my coaching buddies have been a great support and help to me both professionally and personally, besides being very fun and interesting people.
3. Flexibility. Because you can work by phone, or e-mail if you choose, you can be flexible, work anywhere in the world, and at your own chosen times. Yahoo! Beach here I come!
4. Well-paid: The coaching profession can be very profitable with the opportunity to charge hourly rates ranging from $125-$250 or more, and you can require monthly payment in advance. However, more and more hourly rates are becoming a thing of the past as coaches prefer to have group sessions, Signature, VIP, Mastermind, Discovery or Virtual programs that they charge in the thousands for. Please stay tuned for more details on this in a future post.
5. Overhead costs: The starting investment is relatively low depending on what coaching school you attend. In addition, the overhead cost of running a coaching business is not so high considering most coaches work from home.
Five Additional Reasons in Answer to “Why Become a Coach?”
1. Chance to grow one-self: You can’t be a successful coach without growing yourself, and what better way to grow than to help others reach their full potential.
2. Corporate Coaching trend. For those who want to stay in the corporate world, in-house corporate coaching programs are really taking off.
3. Retirement profession: If these are not enough reasons in answer as to “why become a coach?”–coaching is a perfect retirement profession. Clients will appreciate your years of wisdom and experience not to mention it keeps you connected to a strong professional community.
4. Variety to choose from: There is an incredible variety of coaching niches to choose from which is another good reason in answer to “why become a coach?”–you get to do the thing you love. The best coaches seem to specialize in something they are interested in and know a lot about already. It’s a perfect career to really shine and to show your brilliance.
It’s amazing how many different coaching niches there are today. Here are a few different ones I have compiled with more being added to the list daily: Academic, Adaptive, ADD/ADHD, Alternative Lifestyle, Appreciative, Bereavement, Business, Career, Christian, Coaches for Coaches Coaching, College Entrance, Communication, Conflict, Couples, Creativity, Corporate, Divorce, Executive, Family, Holistic, Laughter, Law of Attraction. Leadership, Men’s Empowerment, Motivational, Nature, Neural Linguistic Programming Coaching, New Age, Organizational, Parenting, Peer, Personal Development, Personal Finance, Presence Based Coaching, Recovery, Relationship, Renewal, Retirement, Sales, Self-care, Self-Esteem, Singles, Special Needs, Spiritual, Stress Management, Success, Transitional, Team Management, Wellness, Weight Loss, Women’s Empowerment Coaching. Wow! And that is just a part of the list I have been putting together. If you don’t see your expertise listed here, let me know what it is and I’ll add it to the list.
These are pretty impressive reasons in answer to “why to become a coach?” Can you think of other reasons why? If so, please share them in the comments box.
Spiritual Growth Coach
Writing team, Coaches Training Blog Community