What is a good name for a life coaching business? Is it best to just use your name? John Doe Coaching? Or some variation with your name? John Doe Expert Life Coaching? Or is it best to leave your name out of the title? Expert Life Coaching.
It is not easy to answer the question, “What is a good name for a life coaching business?” However, there are a few guidelines that can help you select a good name for your life coaching practice.
What is a Good Name for a Life Coaching Business – the Mistakes
There are two principal mistakes people make when naming a business – these two mistakes should be avoided if you want people to find your life coaching practice on the Internet or in the real world.
- Using unusual spelling to be different. People may forget the spelling or may not be able to find you because of the odd spelling. Worse, they may find a competitor who spells correctly.
- Trying to be too cute or clever. If your name is too cryptic and you have to explain what it means every time you hand out a business card, it’s not a good business name.
What is a Good Name for a Life Coaching Business – the Fundamentals
- Is it easy to spell? People looking for your business on Google or in a phone book need to be able to spell it correctly. Help them locate you by making it easy to spell.
- Is it memorable? There is a fine line between too clever and memorable. Get a second and a third, and a fourth opinion before you finalize a clever name. You want people to remember but also know what it means.
- Will the name tell people what you do? Life Coaching for Athletes. From this name, people will know what you do and who you do it for.
- If you already have a reputation, either locally or nationally, you should use your name in the title of the business. You can add a descriptive word or two, but you want people to be able to find you if you have already earned a positive reputation in the industry.
- Make sure your name is unique. You should check the Internet before you finalize the name. You don’t want to share a business name with another coach. What is a good name for a life coach? Making it unique is a start.
- Before you decide on a name, check to see if the domain is available. Having your business name match your domain name is important. If you want to name your business, John Doe Life Coaching for Change, you want to make sure a domain name with those words is available. You may think your name is unique, but you would be surprised at all the domain names which have already been purchased.
What is a good name for a life coaching business? Naming your business may seem like one of the simplest decisions you will have to make. However, your name is something that will be part of your business for as long as you stay in business. It is your brand, your identity, your company soul. Selecting a great name is the beginning of a successful business.
Hope you took some great value out of this post today! I’d love to hear your feedback, so make sure you leave a comment with your thoughts or questions. And also, you can click on the Twitter button below to retweet this article…Thank you!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community