Personal success coachingis involved with many different segments of a client’s life. From health to organization skills to work to relationships, personal success coaching covers it all.
One of the best times of the year to delve into all aspects of your client’s life is at the start of a new year. Everyone likes to make New Year’s resolutions, and the last session of the year, or the first one of a new year, is a great time to discuss resolutions with a client.
Personal Success Coaching and 5 Essential New Year’s Resolutions
Here is my list of the five essential New Year’s resolutions. Of course, some people may not need all of these, but all five should be discussed with your clients. If you, as a personal success coach, determine that a resolution is not needed by a specific client, move on to the next one.
- Don’t wait – get your weight right. Weight management is important to everyone’s health and success. Not everyone can be a skinny model, but everyone needs to be concerned with proper weight management. Besides, dropping some weight may help your clients save money – less food costs and potential savings on life insurance.
- Try something new – sooner rather than later. It can be a hobby, a new sport, a new job, or a new career. You know your clients best, so you should be able to offer worthwhile suggestions for something new. Trying something new keeps us young and promotes a positive outlook on life. If you can offer ways for your clients to stay young and happy, don’t you think your personal success coaching business will be a success? Damn right it will – clients will be lining up outside your door to get a session with you!
- Money talks, BS walks. Making sure that your clients have their finances in order should be one of the basic tenants of your business. It doesn’t matter if they are rich or poor, white-collar or blue-collar, having finances in order is a foundation for achievement and happiness. That is where your coaching expertise comes in – you discuss the difficult subject of money and then suggest ways to ameliorate their financial life.
- Take a break for your health’s sake! There is no doubt that success is achieved through hard work. However, everyone needs to recharge, refresh, and rejuvenate. Taking a break – whether it’s a vacation, a day off, or a long leisurely walk without any wireless devices – is one of the best things a person can do. As a coach, you need to make certain your clients understand the value of down time.
- Surround yourself with success. In the personal success coaching business, one of the first things you learn is that successful people surround themselves with other successful people. Your clients needs to comprehend the value of their environment and the influence friends and acquaintances have on their personal success.
Yes, we all know that New Year’s resolutions are made to be broken, and that many people will have forgotten theirs by the start of February, but your
business demands that you ask the tough questions and determine whether your clients need to make these some or all of these essential resolutions.
Resolution are made to be broken?? Not when you’re the coach! You can give them the tools to keep those resolutions and enjoy success and happiness for the entire year!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community