The boom in wellness coaching jobs is here. Get in on the boom while you can as the field will continue to expand as baby boomers age and their pursuit of the fountain of youth becomes even more pronounced and desperate. Take advantage of their desperation and become a wellness coach and you will have your pick of wellness coaching jobs.
Wellness Coaching Jobs Will be All The Rage
The baby boom generation includes people born between 1946 and 1964, and they are starting to get old, but they want to stay young – expressions like 60 is the new 50, and 50 is the new 40, hint at their desire to turn back the hands of time. The oldest baby boomers are 66 years old now and the youngest are 48 years of age. Just as Ponce de Leon searched for the fountain of youth, today’s baby boomers are seeking ways to use nutrition, fitness, and other wellness strategies to make the elusive fountain of youth a reality. Wellness coaches can play an integral role in keeping people young and healthy. Individuals with fitness, nutrition, and health backgrounds will have chance to fill the many wellness coaching jobs that will be created in the next few years.
5 Skills You Need to be a Wellness Coach
To have a successful coaching practice, you need a community or a group of customers, you need them to have a problem, and you need to possess the solution. The community is the aging baby boomers, the problem is a the desire to stay young and healthy, and the solution is the skills you have to coach wellness. To secure jobs or clients, the skills you need are both specific and general.
- The passion for health and wellness. Passion may or may not be a skill, but you must possess an obsession with health and wellness. You pursuit of personal fitness and health will serve as a role model for your clients. Your passion will also push you to learn everything you can about health and wellness.
- The ability to communicate and transfer knowledge to others. The coaching profession is all about transferring knowledge to others, but the transfer of knowledge from coach to client is accomplished in a different manner than the transfer of knowledge from teacher to student. A coach transfers knowledge is such a way that clients comes up with the answer on their own. A coach is more of a guide and a teacher is more of an instructor.
- You need the ability to market and promote. Yes, it is understood that many people detest marketing, but it is a necessary evil. Though the community of potential clients is large and growing, there will be many people jumping into the wellness coaching game and wellness coaching jobs will be in demand. If you choose to work for yourself, promotion is absolutely essential.
- Empathy for others is essential in the health field. Not everyone is made the same and not everyone has lived through the same experiences in life. Genetics play an important role in health and wellness – some people are born skinny while others have to battle weight gain their entire lives. Having empathy for each client’s situation will help you become a better coach and help you gain more clients.
- Hard work is the key to success. Coaching is a great gig, but it is not an easy one. It takes hard work to succeed in this business. If you don’t want to work hard, perhaps the coaching business is not for you. If you want to secure a wellness coaching job, understand that hard work will be part of it. With your hard work, your passion for health, and your dedication to education on health and wellness, you will be able to choose your pick of the best wellness coaching jobs!
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community