With all the aging baby boomers and the rise of chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and cardio-vascular issues, wellness careers will be hot and stay hot well into the future. If you are looking for a career, or looking to change careers, wellness just might be your ticket!
5 Best Career Options in the Health and Wellness Field
From perusing the Internet and researching various list and expert articles, here are the top 5 career options in the wellness field:
- Public health educator
- Corporate wellness coordinator
- Health services manager
- Community health and wellness worker
- Health and wellness coach
There are others such as doctor, nurse, physician assistant which will be in demand, but the five listed above are basically non-medical. Did you notice the last one on the list? Health and wellness coach.
Be a Health and Wellness Coach
There are many avenues to take when considering wellness careers – being a health coach is one of the most rewarding. As a health and wellness coach, you get to work with people and help them make lifestyle and habit changes that will improve their health and considerably improve their quality of life.
What to Know About Being a Health Coach
- The average health coach makes around $45,000 per year, but this number includes those just starting out and those who are doing it as a side gig. The potential to make more is there.
- The opportunity to create alternate streams of income is present, similar to the opportunities all coaches have. Books, DVDs, group coaching, seminars, workshops – these can all boost your income much higher than the average.
- A wellness career in health coaching can be in several niches. Work with a specific group of people, work with individuals who have specific conditions, or select any niche for which you can offer positive outcomes.
- You can work for yourself, for a wellness company, or for a corporation. There are many potential avenues for health coaches.
- Wellness careers are great because you are around the health and wellness community, and you are in an environment where it is easier to maintain great health and fitness.
- You get to positively impact the lives of many people. What a great feeling to be able to make a good living and have a positive impact on many individuals!
The Bright Future for Wellness Careers
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts growth of 13% in the wellness industry by 2024, which is higher than average across industries. There will be many different types of employment and titles opening up in the next decade or so, but it’s worth considering becoming a health coach.
A health coach will become more important as physicians and health care providers look for ways to offer preventative care, dispense health information, and provide for patients in a more efficient manner.
There are hundreds of different choices in wellness careers, but one of the best is to become a health and wellness coach. It’s a growing field, and one just starting to get the recognition it deserves.
Writing Team, Coaches Training Blog Community